Second's Angel

A very amazing thing happened last week. A second life designer, Violaine Villota owner of Fancy Fairy, was asked to use her wing desig...


A very amazing thing happened last week. A second life designer, Violaine Villota owner of Fancy Fairy, was asked to use her wing designs in a real life Victoria's Secret Fashion show which aired on TV Tuesday December 9th. New World Notes blogged about this event before and after the show revealing Violaine's real life name as Angela Jarman. The fashion show was broken up into a few different sections and wings very similiar to Fancy Fairy wings were seen in the fairy section of the show. You can see the whole show here, and the fairy part starts at about 28:00. 

"I've been so excited to see the wings on famous supermodels and I'm so happy with how it all turned out in the photos."- Angela Jarman (Violaine Villota in SL)

I pretty much knew that I would need to recreate the fashion show and create my own fairy lingerie look as a way to commemorate this achievment of a second life fashion designer having her designs walk one of the most famous real life runways in the world. I also happened to own a fatpack of "Kira Scripted Fairy Wings from Fancy Fairy Wings & Things" which helped me create my look. When I watched the fashion show it was very easy to tell which wings were created by Angela because the beautiful, delicate designs have been in SL for quite some time.


Creating the set was fun. Hiram made the mesh trees and book and I painted the runway and backdrop. At the start of the fairy portion of the show, this is what the RL runway looked like (on left) and was our inspiration.  The actual real life runway had animated textures and lights that changed throughout the show. I did not want to go that intricate, but I think my static set turned out really cool for my static blog pictures. 



SL meets RL, and RL meets SL!

I wanted to find items similiar to this real life lingerie set above on the right. However, they just did not exist in SL and so I wore some soft pink favorites, my Maai freya lingerie and Luxuria corset. I of course paired this with my Fancy Fairy wings! The wing design I chose, Kira, was worn in the show by the model below:




Kirsten's Second Angel Look:
Lingerie: MAAI Freya lingerie * pink/ Teleport to Maai
Corset: {Luxuria} Rosa Underbust Corset  - *cherry blossom*
Attachments: Slink Hands, Feet, Physique
Wings: Fancy Fairy Kira Wings White Gold/ Get your own wings on Marketplace/ Or get RL wings, Here!
Hair: TRUTH HAIR Neria
Shoes: [Liv Glam] Boutique-Fall 2014 Lybra Boots @ Jewelry and Accessory Expo
Skin: Glam Affair - Amberly II - Jamaica 03 @ collabor88 December
Pose 1: Everglow Girls 629
Pose 2: LAP Gown 6

Love, Kirsten Corleone 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on my blog!